About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gluten-Free-Girls-Guide-to-Chicago/166332553428937

Monday, October 10, 2011

1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes

 I bought the cookbook 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes by Carol Fenster earlier this summer and decided to try out a new recipe, White Chili.  With a few slight modifications I boiled up a pot of pipin' hot goodness last night, and I must admit, I'm rather impressed by this recipe.

Here's what you need:
-1 lb chicken (I opted for white meat rotisserie chicken because I like the soft, melt in your mouth quality of this chicken for recipes like soups and tacos.  If that's not your style, you can brown diced chicken breast or ground chicken.)
-2 tsp olive oil
-2 cans (14-15 oz each) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
-2 cans (14-15 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, including juice
-1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
-1 small onion, diced
-2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
-1 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp pepper (Recipe didn't call for this, but I added to give the dish a little bit more kick)
-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 quart (4 cups) low sodium chicken broth (I used Pacific Chicken Broth)
-2 cloves garlic
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Here's what you do:
-Cook chicken (If using raw chicken breast or ground chicken)
-Mix everything in a large pot
-Cover and heat over medium heat for 40 minutes

Serve in soup bowls and garnish with Pepper Jack cheese and cilantro leaves.  And if you're a chip addict like me, add some tortilla chips on the side for dipping.

Pig out!

2 comments:

  1. yum, this sounds good and SO easy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's delicious...if you end up making the recipe let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete